Some `handy links and Geocaching resources for your use.
Stash notes, logs, announcements, calendars, whatever…it will all be here.
- Geocaching abbreviations/acronyms: I keep this post on abbreviations updated with occasional new entries.
- Another collection of links can be found on Tripbuzz, here.
Templates/Tools for Your Cache Hunt
These templates and tools are all designed to make your life easier on the cache hunt.
This is a template for planning your next 100 Cache Dash or Crush Event. It has space for cache lists, contacts, order of finds and notes for the hunt.
Software and Web Resources
- GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) home page. Say hi to Clyde! I have a zillion posts on GSAK use, so read those after you download and install GSAK.
- Itsnotaboutthenumbers.com. All your stats are belong to us, online. Just upload your “my finds” pocket query and see some great statistics summaries and reports. Some good fodder for your geocaching profile page is to be found here. My favorite metric? Total Cache-to-Cache distance.
- Logicweave’s CacheStats. My favorite tool for tracking personal Geocaching stats. All of your stats and some nice news, blog links, notifications and “stuff” to look at in the latest version. If you want those nifty detailed charts and maps on your profile page, go get CacheStats.
- Cacherstats: Rankings for Geocachers with 200 or More Finds. This is an online resource.
Trail Maps and Overheads
Don’t leave home without ’em!
- Greater Calaveras
This is a very large format, high resolution overhead photo mosaic I created to begin mapping the Calaveras trails in Carlsbad/Vista, CA. Others will follow for easy printing and laminating.
Stash Note and Log Templates
All of these are either created or substantially modified by me, but they are free to use for your Geocaching purposes. I only ask you to drop me a note in the comments if they work out for you or you would like to see other varieties. Check the document properties for printing/usage instructions.
This is a nice, short stash note designed to be glued to the inside lid of a standard 11″x4″x7″ (give or take) ammo can (small ammo can). It looks great, has plenty of room for you to paste from your cache description page and will last a long time if you cover it with clear packing tape or laminate.
Another inside of the lid stash note/rules card for your standard 2.5″x3.5″ Altoids tin. Print, cut and glue.
This single document houses 3 separate Geocaching log templates, one each for an Altoids tin, 35mm Film Can and a small Pill Bottle. You’ll find the last two in the Excel spreadsheet embedded in the Word Document download.
For your standard 3.5″ deep M&M tube containers, this combo log and stash note will print two per page. Print double sided on 8.5″x11″ paper for a quick and snappy roll up log.
This log template is designed to fit those little half-sized sandwich bags, or snack bags, without folding or mangling so your log will stay flat and dry much longer.
Handy Geocaching Links
- Adopt a Geocache from Geocaching.com/adopt
HTML for Cache Pages and Logs
- I stumbled across Nozen’s Geocaching HTML cheatsheet and it looks pretty good.
- HTML Shortcuts for Geocaching_(pjk)_(051009)_(v01)
This is an MS Word document with Nozen’s material and some samples from logs for context.
Pingback: More Templates Added « Telephone Poles on the Moon